nkiruokaforblog.com

Copyright reserved @nkiruokafornetwork

INEC Withdraws 25 Certificate Of Return From Election Winners — May 21, 2019

INEC Withdraws 25 Certificate Of Return From Election Winners

A file photo of Mr Festus Okoye

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the withdrawal of 25 Certificates of Return from some winners of the just concluded 2019 General Elections.
INEC, through its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education, Mr Festus Okoye, at a forum on Media Coverage of the 2019 General Elections in Enugu, explained to journalists that the withdrawn certificates have been handed to the rightful winners.
According to him 20 out of the 25 certificates were withdrawn from candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and given to candidates of the same party.

READ ALSO: Magu: EFCC Is Investigating Okorocha, Others
While two were withdrawn from APC candidates and given to candidates of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Two were also exchanged between PDP members and one was withdrawn from a candidate of the APC and given to a member of Accord Party.
Mr Okoye revealed that more certificates of return may be withdrawn as the court is still adjudicating on some cases.

Advertisements
Australia election triggers refugee suicide attempts —

Australia election triggers refugee suicide attempts

At least four refugees in Australia’s offshore Pacific camps have attempted suicide since the conservative government’s shock re-election Saturday, according to refugees, advocates and police.

Around 800 would-be refugees who tried reach Australia have been sent to live in severe conditions on the remote islands of Nauru and Papua New Guinea’s Manus under a hardline policy from Canberra.

RELATED
Asylum seekers admit plotting Nairobi attack
Many had prayed for a more lenient policy from Labor, who had been strongly tipped to win.

But an unexpected victory by Scott Morrison’s centre-right coalition at dashed hopes and set off a wave of self-harm including several hospitalisations.

Prominent Kurdish author and asylum-seeker Behrouz Boochani tweeted from Manus: “The situation in Manus is out of control, today two more people attempted suicide.”

Manus Provincial Police Commander David Yapu told AFP that he was aware of at least ten suicide attempts including four over the weekend.

“It’s an issue we are faced with right now,” he said.

“Over the weekend we had an attempted arson of their rooms, and right now we have some that are refusing to eat.”

Australia’s Department of Home Affairs did not respond to a request for comment.

The opposition Labor party had said they would be open to a New Zealand offer to resettle refugees on Manus and Nauru.

The United Nations and human rights organisations have roundly condemned the conservative government’s policy.

“We have run out of vocabulary to describe the harm wrought,” the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Canberra said in December.

Activists said the election was a breaking point.

“It has been building for six years, but the weekend’s election result has precipitated a crisis that the government cannot afford to ignore,” said Ian Rintoul from the Refugee Action Coalition.

Rintoul said men fleeing violence or persecution in Sudan, Iraq and Iran had attempted to hang or set fire to themselves.

“Offshore detention is slowing strangling the life out of its victims,” he added.

Ants Allegedly Sting Two Babies To Death In Cross River Hospital —

Ants Allegedly Sting Two Babies To Death In Cross River Hospital

Two out of three pre-mature babies delivered at the Primary Health Centre (PHC) in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State have been allegedly eaten to death by ants.

Our newsmen findings revealed that the mother had a pre-term labour, this was after she fought with her neighbor in their compound.

An eyewitness, who gave her name as Antonia said, “When the babies were born, the Director General (DG) State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr Betta Edu was immediately contacted.

“The DG directed that the babies and the mother be immediately transferred to a facility that has incubator, unfortunately, the General Hospital there has no such facility, so they were referred to a private hospital in Ikom,” she said.

Disappointingly, the hospital said they have no generator, the DG ordered for a generator, provided fuel for the generator and the babies were kept in the incubator in the Hospital.

It was gathered that the monies being sent for the upkeep of the children were allegedly mismanaged by the father and also the babies were allegedly neglected by the hospital such that ants got into their incubator, which led to the death of two out of the three babies.

Speaking with a correspondent on phone on Monday evening, the DG said “The mother had a pre-term labour, this was after a fight with her neighbor, when the babies were born, I was called upon because it was a Primary Heath Centre and I said, management of pre-matured babies was beyond PHC.

“So, I immediately ordered for the referral of the babies and the mother to a facility that has incubator, unfortunately, the General Hospital there do not have incubator so they were referred to a private hospital in Ikom.
“I provided fuel; clothes and several items for the up keep of the babies and the mother. Gave the father of the triplet money in case the hospital needed money for consumables and directed my friends to pay money into the father’s account and that was done by some of my friends.
“The reasons for the donation were to ensure that whenever money is required by the hospital, the father will provide. If it were to be government hospital, I know who I would have given the money, even though we were paying the hospital, we make money available.”

The money for wife’s food, according to the DG was also provided but the father of the children refused to release even N1, he held on to the money. “I kept sending my PHC coordinator to go and check and she will call me and said the wife was not giving food, the situation went on and on.

“The hospital asked him for money but he was not providing and so they left him and that was why I said the negligence comes in, at worse, the hospital should have called me or reach out to my PHC coordinator to say look we asked the father for A, B, C but he did not give.
“They did not do that so when we heard that ant stung one of them, I send my PHC coordinator there, she didn’t find the ants in the incubator, however, there was mark on one of them that an ant had stung, the mark was there and the place was red and it may not be ant, it may be mosquito or any other thing but there was no physical ant in the incubator.
“However, a day after, one of the babies died in the night and the next one died in the early hours of the following day. The babies were seven months old.
“The general expenditure from me was over N200, 000, and I directed my friends to pay to the account of the father, at least the people I know have made donation amounting to over N150, 000.
“As it is now, we have set up a investigative panel to look into the alleged negligence, if it is established that there was negligence in the part of the hospital, we will shut down the place and withdraw the practicing license and for the father, we are contacting human right activist so that they can give us right advice and legal backing.”

BREAKING NEWS! Jose Mourinho Offered Coaching Job After Man United Sack —

BREAKING NEWS! Jose Mourinho Offered Coaching Job After Man United Sack

Former Chelsea striker, Chris Sutton, has claimed that former Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho was offered the chance of becoming Celtic’s new manager.

Mourinho was sacked by Man United in December and hasn’t managed any club since then.

The 56-year-old had reiterated his desire to return to management this summer and hinted that it would be in a league that motivates him.

But Sutton has now disclosed that the Portuguese gaffer was presented with the opportunity of coaching the Scottish giants next season.

“There’s going to be a lot of managers in for it (the Celtic manager’s job),” Sutton was quoted by Manchester Evening news as saying.

“Mourinho was heavily linked and I’m led to believe that there was something in that in terms of there being an offer.

“But why would he take the Celtic job? I just don’t get it. I don’t know the exact terms but there was an offer.”

What Griezmann told Atletico Madrid about Messi ahead of Barcelona move — May 18, 2019

What Griezmann told Atletico Madrid about Messi ahead of Barcelona move

Outgoing Atletico Madrid star, Antoine Griezmann told Diego Simeone’s side that he wants to play alongside Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi at Nou Camp.
This claim was made by respected Spanish journalist, Robert Gomez.
Recall that Griezmann is set to join Barcelona this summer’s transfer window after confirming on Tuesday that will leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.
But Gomez claimed that the 2018 World Cup winner told Atletico Madrid’s hierarchy that he cannot tell Messi no.

“Griezmann hinted at the directors of Atletico de Madrid that he has done it with a team,” Gomez was quoted by Express UK as saying.
“And it’s going to be Barca. They do not communicate now because now they would have to pay 200 million euros, but it’s going to be a long month and a half for the azulgrana.
“The only thing that has transpired from the meeting between Griezmann, Gil Marin, Diego Simeone and Andrea Berta is that Griezmann literally said ‘I cannot tell Leo [Messi] no.
“So there was contact between Messi and the French.”

%d bloggers like this: